We are extremely proud of our GHN athletes and we feel that they have a lot of fitness advice to offer! For that reason, over the next coming months, we are going to get to know the team better…
First up, is Paul Remmer, who is a men’s physique/fitness model based in Yorkshire. We sat down with Paul and asked him a few questions about his recent win at Future Muscle Union (FMU).
Can you give us an insight into how you prepared for the event?
My training is regimented, I need to follow a strict plan and routine. My coach puts plans together every week which I follow to the dot. My week looks something like this:
- Monday - Push
- Tuesday - Pull
- Wednesday - Legs
- Thursday - Push
- Friday - Pull
- Saturday - Legs
- Sunday - Rest
As preparation for the event I would complete a fasted cardio session at 4 am for 20 minutes, then have breakfast and go to work. My calorie intake is calculated by my coach depending on how I’m looking on check-in day. The FMU was a practice run while I work on my way to stepping into the Amateur Olympia on the 6th October and the Pure Elite World Championships in November!
Did you use any supplements alongside your training?
- -GHN Competition Whey strawberries and cream flavour
- -GHN Creatine Monohydrate
- -GHN Amino acids
- -GHN Blaze Pre-Workout
- -GHN Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
- -GHN Fat Burner Tablets
- -Xtreme Pump Tablets
Do you have any top tips for someone who is looking to compete or simply looking to get into shape?
1. For me, the best advice I can give is to get a coach! This helps you to be accountable to someone and keeps you on track.
2. Be organised, prep your food exactly to your nutrition plan. Prepping meals in advance can help to make life so much easier.
3. Decide what federation and competition you want to do, pay for it or register. I pay straight away so then I’m in and go straight to work.
4. Be realistic in the time you have to prepare. Don’t put yourself under too much pressure.
5. Do not make excuses!
6. Put the work in and the rewards will speak for themselves.
Finally… what’s your all-time favourite shake?
Hands down it’s the competition whey strawberries and cream flavour! Check it out here.